Best Pillows for Neck Pain
Sleep is the most essential of all bodily functions, if you sleep well you will be able to carry out your day with ease. People who are unable to sleep well develop a number of problems such as depression, weight gain, tendency to binge, lack of coordination, in ability to concentrate and make decisions.
Now there are a number of factors that might be affecting your ability to sleep but the number one factor is neck pain. I used to be very studious as a student and for the first time in my life, I had trouble sleeping due to constant pressure and pain in my neck. It came to the point that I could not think straight and study properly; a good night’s sleep seemed like a dream and my grades started falling. As a straight A’s student that was the last straw, I knew I had to do something for my neck pain.
I knew the main reason for my neck pain was my pillow because, my pain was worse in the morning. Going to a therapist seemed out of the question, because the nearest one was two hours away and with my crazy schedule, I hardly had enough time or money.
I set on the quest to find the best pillow for neck pain and I am now going to review the six best ones I could find. There is no point reviewing the others because they simply were not worth my time. For me a good pillow must have the following characteristics.
Whether cervical or contour, a pillow show be extremely comfortable and should be able to support the contours of your neck and body weight in a way that it puts minimum pressure on your cervical and spine.
Now you might be allergic to latex but I personally find memory foam pillows better than latex pillows. They allow air to pass through while latex pillows tend to get hot. While some of you might enjoy how cozy and warm your pillow gets as you float away to wishful slumber, I do not.
Trust me this might be exactly what some of you might need to get a good night’s sleep. If you are accustomed to sleeping on your side or are expecting you might want to pop, a few of these sleep buddies; under your legs or around your arms to help align your spine for that ecstatic sleeping experience.
Here is my pick on the Six Pillows for Neck Pain
Bamboo Pillow with Shredded Memory Foam:
This was the first pillow that satisfied me it focuses on supporting the natural curves of the body. It has a pliable structure and maintains sturdiness. What I personally noticed after using this pillow was that it gives great body support. My neck was not flat nor overly elevated, I felt the natural position of my body restored while using this product. It felt good to sleep after a long time I did not wake up with pain in my neck. Now let me reflect upon some of the pros of this product.
- This product uses bamboo memory foam, which results in supporting the natural curves of the head and neckline. It helps your spine to align while you sleep. The overall position of the neck and head becomes neutral, and after a hard day’s work all the body muscles relax. So you don’t wake up feeling as if you have just been hit by a truck. The head is perfectly elevated and you feel relaxed to the core.
- The best property of this pillow is that no matter how vigorously you use it, it bounces right back into shape due to its specially designed pore structure. I have a tendency to ruin my pillows quickly but this beauty is not going flat anytime soon. This durable structure helps to relieve shoulder and neck pain.
- The Bamboo Pillow with Shredded Memory Foam has a decent size and it measures 20 x 30 inches, which is a little bigger than the standard pillow.
- It doesn’t matter if you sleep on your side, back or stomach, this Bamboo Pillow with Shredded Memory adjusts to your body posture. Sometimes when I have had a particularly tiresome day I like shoving this pillow underneath my back and it feels as if I am lying on a slice of butter that has melted exactly according to my bodies shape. The re-adaptation property of this pillow makes it one of the best products in the market.
- I have super sensitive skin and the best thing about this pillow is that it completely prevents the formation of dust mites. Moreover, the bamboo cover has hypoallergenic, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. I have had this one for two years and no allergies so far.
- This pillow is extremely breathable and has a tendency to stay cool on the hottest summer days. If I make it, simple this pillow does not let body heat accumulate due to its porous structure nor does it loose optimum temperature thus proving to be equally comfortable during winters.
- This pillow helps alleviate asthma, general migraines, position induced snoring and insomnia.
- This pillow is a bit too big to fit in a standard pillowcase.
- Although this pillow is fairly, flexible you cannot actually mold it into shapes of your choice.
- You will need to plump the pillow up and move around the bits to find the perfect position for yourself.
- If you are looking for a soft pillow this is not a product for you!
- The zip broke after six months of usage and I had to have it replaced.
This is a decent product for the given price. Just make sure you purchase the original pillow instead of a cheap knock off.
Calming Breath Buckwheat Pillow
Okay, I agree the name might warn you off but trust me this pillow has more to it than you think. This pillow has specially, been designed for people who have serious neck pain issues. People who have previously been in an accident or have serious issues with the posture of their neck.
- Calming Breath Buckwheat pillow is triple cleaned and is specifically, manufactured to relieve shoulder upper neck and back pain. I did not use this product regularly except when I would have a tiresome day. This pillow would be my savior. It firmly supports the shoulder and neck joints and ensures a good night’s sleep. You can shuffle buckwheat around to obtain optimum comfort.
- The pillow comes with a thick cotton cover, which is extremely soft and comfortable. You can add and remove buckwheat as you please because the pillowcase has a zipper.
- This pillow is cold in the summers as it allows air to circulate and warm in the winters as the buckwheat is triple cleaned.
- You can shift this pillow into any pillow cover you like, as it is standard sized, 48 x 74 cm. Due to its standard size you can use this cover in numerous places such as, chairs, sofas, cars and airplanes.
- This pillow can easily be molded; according to the shape of your neck while you sleep or work on a chair. It has the tendency to give a decent amount of neck support. During my exams, I had to study tirelessly for hours. I would often plop this pillow under my neck for support while working on the computer.
- Claims are that this pillow will last you a lifetime. Although I cannot guarantee the life of this pillow, I can promise you a solid 18 months because that’s how long I have had this pillow for.
- This pillow will do you good in most of the sleeping positions.
- Further more if you manage to wear down your pillow due to atmospheric conditions it will be replaced free of cost.
- You might find the 5 cm height too short for neck support but the height is build able.
- If you are a sensitive sleeper, you might find this pillow a bit too noisy for your taste.
- This pillow is heavy, so you might consider calculating the total weight of your luggage if you are traveling and decide to carry this pillow with you.
- The density of this pillow is thick and you might consider taking some of the buckwheat out if you want the outlay to be softer and maneuverable.
- You might be allergic to this pillow; I strongly recommend that you look into this matter before purchasing this pillow.
After weighing in the pros and cons let me tell you that this pillow is extremely user friendly and if you are suffering from neck issues like I was you should consider giving it a go. It really does relieve neck pain and is worth the money.
bon medico® Supreme Pillow
Here is yet another memory foam pillow doing absolute justice to the world. The material of this pillow is extremely sturdy and of excellent quality. It makes me want to hug the pillow instead of sleeping on it! The bon medico Supreme Pillow is definitely going to improve the quality of your sleep. This pillow is definitely giving the others a run in the race of best pillows for neck pain.
- This pillow is specially designed to support the musculoskeletal system the memory foam supports the head and neck muscles. If you are a side or back sleeper this pillow is a definite pick for you. This pillow cushions your head and spine, which relaxes the muscles ensuring a good night’s sleep. Most pillows fail to support the head and spine properly leaving the muscles tense and sore.
- The pillow helps combat cervical and spine issues because the elastic memory foam.
- The foam has a specially designed mechanical channel, which prevents it from heating up during warm months.
- This pillow has one of the best-inbuilt hygienic maintenance; it is non-toxic, keeps moisture away and the hypoallergenic blend of bamboo fiber keeps dust and other allergens out and your airway clean.
- You can wash the covers of this pillow at a temperature of 86 °F.
This pillow has a height of 12 centimeters, its width is 40 centimeters and its length is of 68 centimeters. It comes in a handy vacuum-packed carrying case. This pillow might take two hours or more to, completely expand once opened.
- Although the pillow is usable, two hours after unpacking, it might take five to six hours for it to gain complete structure.
- You might find this pillow a bit too high if you.
Over all this pillow comes with the least number of cons its user friendly and I can really connect to it on a personal level. Its just that good!
Memory Foam Pillow by TAMPOR Ortho paedic Neck Support Pillows
This pillow provides great orthopedic support. It provides snore relief and on average a pillow takes 3 to 5 seconds to rebound to its original position, it provides higher and lower support and is easily adjustable. It is easy to judge high quality foam apart from low quality foam; high quality foam has small pores and a defined surface while the surface of low quality foam is uneven and more porous. High quality foam has a smooth touch and might seem a little moist while low quality foam will have a rigid touch and a vague feel.
- This pillow will relieve your neck, head and torso of unwanted pressure and will sustain balance in your body.
- This pillow quickly adjusts to your body posture and sleeping position it eliminates discomfort, it is neither soft nor hard just the perfect consistency to provide excellent neck support and a good night’s sleep.
- This pillow has been engineered and clinically, tested to provide maximum comfort. It is known to promote blood circulation throughout the body. While stimulating pressure points that help relax stiff muscles.
Our memory foam pillows are made of the best quality material and are free from all toxic substances that may cause allergy or irritation. The foam used has been tested, for toxicity level in the most well known laboratories and is CertiPUR affirmed for its quality.
- Our memory foam pillow is cream in color and has a well structured, pore distribution. It is soft yet firm and comes in the best design for an elevated sleeping experience.
- You can machine wash this pillow as its case can be removed. This pillow is washable at temperatures up to 104 Fahrenheit.
This pillow comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and complete refund if the customer is not satisfied.
- Tampor pillow has a 5-year warranty, which means a single pillow will last you a long time.
- Tampor pillows use the best quality memory foam with tested density for a good night sleep.
- This pillow has a uniform structure. The length is 60cm, width is 40cm and height on higher end of the pillow is 11cm while the lower end is 9cm high.
- The specific structure of this pillow has been known to have an elevating effect on people with neck pain migraine and snoring problems.
This pillow has certification from Oeko-tex and EU CertiPUR, it is visco-elastic, hypoallergenic and dust resistant.
- Place the pillow in a cool arid place for 1 to 2 days after opening.
- This pillow doesn’t do well under the sun.
- The gel pad is not removable.
- It has and odor which goes away in a few days.
- This pillow might be too high for some people.
This pillow is amazing if you want a cool feel while you sleep. I personally like my pillows to be a bit cool and this was the perfect pillow for me. If you don’t have a severe neck problem trust me this pillow will not disappoint.
Contour Memory Foam Pillow By Dc Labs
This pillow is super soft so if you feel that you want your neck and face to be loved this is the right pillow for you. I would generally use this pillow on days that were less tiresome. I am going to jump right into the pros and cons of this pillow.
- This pillow is easy to rest on and is for people with less severe neck and back condition. Finding the right pillow can be tiresome but the effort is worth having a goodnight sleep.
- This pillow gives excellent support to the neck and sensibly contours according to your body shape it will help your neck and back align so that you can have a goodnight sleep.
- The material used in this pillow is the same material that astronauts use in spaceflights.
- The pillow is 20 inches in length, 12 inches wide and the height of the pillow when compressed is 2.75 inches to 4 inches.
- With uniquely designed sides, this pillow can adjusted accordingly to every sleeping position.
- This product has five year wear and tear guaranty and offers a full refund if you are not satisfied.
- This pillow is pretty flexible and can be molded in shapes.
- This pillow is best for side sleepers as it keeps the neck and shoulder straight I will not recommend it to people who sleep straight.
- This pillow is not designed for people with a wide chest.
- You might have to air this pillow after purchasing it.
- It’s not for people with severe neck problems.
This pillow was excellent for me I really enjoyed sleeping on its soft surface. Its soft structure was a good break from all the hard neck pain pillows I had been using over the past few months.
- Dreamtime MFDT82099HF Memory Foam Choice Comfort Pillow, Cotton, White
This pillow helped me get through the worst neck pain. It is stiff and completely supports the back and neck muscles. The size is perfect for me because I am petite it also fits into every position and I would definitely recommend it.
- This pillow measures 37cm in length and 18cm in height. It can fit into pillowcases although it is a bit small.
- It has a cover made up of 46% polyester and 54% viscose. This makes it extremely comfortable for a goodnight sleep.
- It is easy to wash and dries within a few hours.
Because of its fun size, this pillow can be molded in to different positions.
It supports the body and helps elevate the head neck and spine of unnecessary pressure.
- Raised body temperature is known to be the major cause of a disrupted sleep this pillow is created with special fibers to ensure utmost air passage which helps to maintain a stable body temperature.
- This pillow is firm and maintains your neck to body alignment.
- This pillow has sensitive pressure relief and moulds according to the shape of your body. The 50D layers provides you with the best memory foam pillow experience.
- This pillow has been tested for standard by the CertiPUR community.
- This pillow is less dense and is light weight as compared to other memory foam pillows.
- The hybrid, holo-fiber technology insures the best sleep.
- This pillow is sturdy yet malleable so these might not be the pillows of your choice.
- The smaller size might put you off.
- The cover is not washable.
I am in love with this pillow and it is my latest favorite it provides the perfect support to your neck for a goodnights sleep.
These are my picks on the best pillows for neck pain. My pot of gold might not be your pot of gold but these pillows are my absolute favorites. These are the ones that; actually helped elevate my pain and relived me of insomnia and restless sleep. Most of the other pillows I purchased did not do justice to their description and I had to return most of them within a week. I want this review to be 100% legit that is the reason why I mentioned cons with the pros. I do not want my reviews to be biased. I hope this helps you on your journey to find the perfect Pillow for Neck Pain.